my week has been quite boring and so instead of the usual what happened over the past week, i decided to do this 40 makeup questions tag which i read on anyhowonly which, although i have been following quite a while but recently, i seem to have fallen head over heels with. i like that she not only blogs about beauty stuff but also topics like the recent “Regrets” and “Office Etiquette” which i enjoyed reading over and over again. do drop by her blog!
ok, let me take a deep breathe before answering the 40 makeup questions.
1. how many times do you wash your face daily?
twice. once when i wake up every morning and once before i go to bed.
2. what skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
combination. recently, there are dry patches on my cheek and nose and i had a good time peeling the skin off.
3. what is your current facial wash?
clarins gentle facial cleanser
4. do you exfoliate?
yes, every other day.
5. what brand do you use?
i use a mixture of products such as clarins, origins, bioderma, cliqniue for face. for body, i am into soap and glory.
6. what moisturizer do you use?
i am currently using origins energy boosting moisturizer
7. do you have freckles?
there are more on my left side of the face which i have no clue why and some on the cheeks.
8. do you use eye cream?
of cos. that explains why i have few lines even at my age.
9. do you or did you have acne prone skin?
not really, but i get those irritating black heads.
10. did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
11. what foundation do you use?
i have 3. the lancome teint miracle, shisedo radiant lifting foundation and shu uemura face architect smooth fit fluid foundation.
12. how about concealer?
the amazing concealer.
13. do you know your undertone color?
i think i am warm.
14. what do you think of fake eyelashes?
they look fake. wore them during my wedding and i hated them.
15. did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months?
i dont own one.
16. what brand of mascara do you use?
17. sephora or mac?
18. do you have a MAC Pro-card?
i am not that pro.
19. what makeup tools do you use in make up application?
face brushes and spooly for the brows.
20. do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
yes. i have very oily lids.
21. for the face?
yes cos i have oily t-zone.
22. what is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)?
not using any eyeshadow recently.
23. do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
none. i did a semi permanent eyeliner at browhaus few years ago and it lasted me till now.
24. how often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
25. what do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
no idea. i don’t use them.
26. do you use mineral makeup?
never tried them.
27. what is your favorite lipstick?
i like clinque’s chubby stick super strawberry gifted by a dear friend.
28. how about lipgloss?
never like them but i bought a few and gave all away.
29. what is your favorite blush to use?
mac’s dainty – oh i think its a mineralised product.
30. do you buy your makeup on ebay?
31. Do you like drugstore makeup?
of cos. but prefer high end ones over drugstore.
32. do you go to CCO’s? (cosmetic company outlets)
i dont think we have that in singapore. do we?
33. did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
always. but i picked my makeup skills from youtube.
34. are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
nope but i am just not as skillful as i wish i am.
35. name a makeup crime that you hate?
bought without even testing them out.
36. do you like colorful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
prefer neutral ones. i dislike the attention of colorful ones becos of the unnecessary attention and comments
37. which celebrity always has great make up?
38. if you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
39. could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
yes but only if i will be in my hood.
40. do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
yes but i prefer to put a base on. i think its a habit.
41. in your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
that’s a tough one. maybe chanel cos i love their packaging.
42. What do you think of Makeup??
it brings color to your face!