Knowing that Al loves to eat sweet potato soup, I did a little research on how to make it. Found a simple youtube video here and tried making it and the first attempt was a hit. Even mum-in-law had 2 bowls of it.
At least 6-7 slices of ginger (depending on how strong you prefer the soup to taste of ginger. If you like it strong, put more slices of ginger like me)
3-4 pieces of pandan leaves
1/2 bowl of brown sugar
Tang Yuen (small ones without any fillings)
1. Use a vegetable peeler to remove skin from the sweet potatoes and cut the sweet potatoes into tiny pieces.
2. Cut the ginger into slices
3. Wash both sweet potatoes and ginger
4. Fill enough water to cover the sweet potatoes
5. Boil the water and add in the ginger and pandan leaves in medium high heat for 10minutes with lid close
6. Then add in sweet potatoes to cook for another 15-20 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft (use fork to test)
7. Add in tang yuen and brown sugar and stir until the sugar has completely melted.