HAIR FOR HOPE is an annual event organised by Children’s Cancer Foundation (known as CCF) to invite members of the public to shave their heads in support of children with cancer which aims to do the following:-
1. Create awareness of childhood cancer in Singapore
2. Show children with cancer and their families that they are not alone in their fight against cancer.
3. Boost the self-esteem of children undergoing chemotherapy by sending the message that that there is nothing wrong in losing their hair or being bald.
4. Raise funds to help children with cancer and their families
5. Build a community of support for children with cancer and their families.
Al is doing his part by SHAVING HIS HAIR!! I was very surprised to hear this from him cos his hair is like the most precious part of his body (besides his tummy). Do log onto the website and send him a note or donate any amount as a form of encouragement. Thanks!
We would be at Vivo Central Court to do our part for charity on 25th July 2010 (Sunday). Do join us if you are around the area. See ya!