1. Watson multi purpose solution: see review here.
2. Diorsnow SPF 50+: The price tag at $70 makes an easy consideration for me not to repurchase. Other than that, I like that this product doesn’t give me the itch and it provides a good base for my foundation and also has the sunscreen protection which is lacking from my foundation.
3. Origins antioxidant cleanser with white tea: This cleanser dries my skin a little but with some moisturiser that will help. Don’t think I will repurchase.
4. Origins anti aging eye treatment: Hmmmm, too small a tube to observe any improvement to my eyes.
5. Loreal ever strong sulfate free fortify system hydrate shampoo: It doesn’t wash off hair products that easily and it leaves my scalp feeling oily. Definitely won’t repurchase.
1.The body shop honey mania shower cream: Definitely not my favorite scent. It just smell hmmmm honey? One thing good about the shop cream is that it doesn’t cause dryness to my skin. But I won’t purchase it as the scent just doesn’t call out to me at all.
2. Moroccon oil clarifying shampoo: It’s LOVE. One of the best shampoo I have used. It washes product off with just a squeeze of product and leaves your hair smelling so good. It is not the cheapest shampoo but I would definitely repurchase.
3. Ren glycolactic radiance renewal mask: I heard great review about this mask and decided to give it a try. I am not sure I really like this enough for me to repurchase as the price tag just doesn’t coincide with the effects of the mask.
In 2016, I think I should start a new series instead of the empties series of what I finished up using every month. I am bored even reading my own blog posts.
This month’s empties is misleading. Only one empty because the Chanel cream blusher is spoilt. I kept it in the bathroom and it became mouldy. Disgusting, I know.
I think I won’t be getting anymore cream blusher as this is the third one that became bad after a while. I shall stick to my powder blusher.
Clean on me from soap and body – this is my fifth or sixth bottle already. And guess what? I am getting sick of it. I shall try another scent next time I visit Sephora or boots at Bangkok. For now, I will finish up whatever body wash I have with me before I repurchase.
Only two empties for the month of September. I love the Bioderma cleansing water to bits. I bought mine from Q10 for $21.50 including delivery charges. As compared from $39.90 from Watsoms or Guardian, I think it is a very good deal. This is a 500ml size and it can last me for about six months. I am onto my fourth bottle already.
As for Clarins hydraquench intensive serum, I do like it for the refreshing and calming smell and its lightweight. After using 5 bottles of this, I concluded that it is not worth for the hefty price. Especially if I don’t see much difference to my skin. So bye bye clarins. If you guys have any lightweight serum which you like, do share.
That’s all folks. Till the next month.
1. First aid beauty facial wash – i bought this at $20+ from Sephora after setting off a $10 value card which I won in a giftaway. I only like the fact that it is value for money which lasted me more than a year. Other than that, it’s just another facial wash.
2. Nivea deodorant – I like the fact that it is very easy to use (just aim and spray) and won’t leave your armpits feeling wet like those normal deodorant roller ball. However, I don’t like the scent of it as it smells like a deodorant. Haha. If you know of similiar product but with a better scent, do let me know!
3. Gatsby hair wax – I always buy this from Watsons. Not that it’s cheaper but it’s fixed price at $9.90. So I might as well use my loyalty card to chalk some Watsons points. I have repurchase so many times reason being it is very easy to wash away the wax and it doesn’t have a weird hair wax smell. Definitely will repurchase it.
4. Clarins double serum – My third and last bottle. I don’t see any effect on my face at all and given its hefty price, I will not repurchase it again. Will need to find a cheaper alternative.
We were suppose to go to Bangkok for our annual management conference on the third week of August. So the plan was to arrive in Bangkok on Tuesday and fly back to Singapore on Sunday.
But on Monday, news were everywhere on social media saying that a bomb exploded in Bangkok and I realised that it was very near the hotel that we were staying. As there were no news whether the conference will be proceeding or cancelled, the four of us (with 2 other colleagues) including Al bit the bullet and flew there on Tuesday morning.
Everything looked normal except for tighter security at the airport and the hotel. After we settled in our hotel, Al and I went for a haircut at Central Embassy, visited a tailor and had a late night dinner at a Bangkok style zichar place near Terminal 21. It was all good until my colleague got a phone call from the management conference team asking us to look for them at the conference venue when we are back in the hotel. However, it was late when we got back to the hotel and we saw them the next day morning. The team advised us to fly back earlier as there were subsequent bombing incident. Even though we felt safe in Bangkok but I received messages from my family and some concerned friends telling us to be safe, it seems not right to stay there longer. So we decided to change our flight to Saturday. After which, we continued with our usual Bangkok activities (what else but eating, shopping and massage) and my colleague got another phone call from the team and told him that the venue of the conference will be changed to Singapore on Friday. WHAT!!?? And so after much deliberation, we decided to head back to Singapore earlier and the team got our flight changed for the second time to return on Thursday.
Oh well, at least we get to relax for 3 days while most of colleagues were slogging away in the office. Opps.
1. Watsons multipurpose solution for washing contact lenses – cheap and good. It doesn’t irritate my eyes at all not like some expensive ones. Sometimes when Watsons is having promotion, you can get them at 3 x $15.90 and the second but at 50% off.
2. Cielo – I thought that a tube like this would last me at least 3-4 dyes but no, I even had problem getting the product out at the second dye. I won’t repurchase it even though it may the easiest to use so far but the price does not justify the number of dyes that I got.
3. Lancôme foundation – I was not a big fan of this but it was my first liquid foundation and I was determined to finish it so that I can move on with the other two which I hoarded when I was very into makeup a year ago. It does not break me out. It gives me an even color with just one application. No major complain about this liquid foundation except for the fact that my face still gets oily after 4 hours of application. But I guess it’s more of a problem of my skin. Heh.
4. Clarins advanced extra firming eye contour serum and cream – I love them both. Product quickly absorbed into the eye area. I don’t have much fine lines at my eye area and no puffiness whatsoever and I think these products could be the reason. That being said, I don’t think they help with the dark circles.
On a side note, I have been into minimalism which led me to spending only on daily essentials. Although I am not entirely successful but I think I am getting there. If you guys are not sure what is minimalism, I would suggest you to look up Youtube videos and I guaranteed that you are most likely to be inspired.
My parents finally ‘get rid’ of all of us. My youngest brother got married and it was a joyful event for the family. I am so happy that he found his life partner. Our family adores her and I wish them happiness forever.